Raquel is an Arizona native and grew up in a working family. As a community organizer in our neighborhoods, she works to ensure that Arizonans have an empowered voice in our government.
Raquel knows that in order to solve the problems that face our community, we must end the gridlock and focus on real solutions. She is committed to making government transparent and accountable to the taxpayers, bringing quality, high wage jobs to our community, and investing in our classrooms.
Here are some of the issues Raquel cares about and what she wants to do about them:
End corruption at the State Capitol.
- Reduce the influence of lobbyists and special interests.
- Stop lobbyist gifts to lawmakers.
- Protect Arizona Clean Elections and reform campaign finance.
Rebuild our economy and create quality, high wage jobs.
- Support small businesses that are the economic engine of our community.
- Maintain an open door policy for small and local business owners.
- Hold corporations that receive tax credits accountable for job creation.
Invest in our schools and guarantee affordable higher education.
- Deliver early childhood education and innovative after-school programs.
- Ensure smaller classroom sizes and safer schools.
- Make college more affordable and accessible.